Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tough Question

Yesterday I was out with my 4-year-old client. We spent an hour in the park before going to get a sno-cone and heading back. I was taking him to his baby-sitter's out in the country, and on the way we passed a graveyard. He told me that his dad had told him that that's where dead people were. He then asked me how the dead people get there. He was sitting in the backseat behind me and I looked up in the rearview mirror and told him that when people die, their friends carry them to the graveyard to bury them. He looked at me and seemed to understand. He paused for a moment, then looked back up at me and asked,

"Do they take their love with them?"

I didn't really know what to say. I asked him to repeat the question in case I heard wrong, but he repeated the exact same question. What would you have answered?

No comments:

Post a Comment