Saturday, January 30, 2010

Beyond the Pane


just a little something that started with an image in my head...probably something i will come back to and expound on and expand.

Please let it be. Let me see what lies beyond the pane. My silent world unattainable as it was when I first stepped forth. For years have I stared, watching and breathing with little else to distract me from where I desire to walk.

Yet it is I, burdened behind the glass, whose wistful eyes glaze in yearning at the rolling drifts. They align with nature’s pattern, frozen beautifully to capture the stillness of human absence. What eyes can see, feet can only covet as fabricated sensations are forced to suffice.

Years of stagnancy expire as my lungs expel a tired sigh; perhaps my feet were never meant to tread among the bitter clouds. The threshold, clouded with angst, disallows my passage as it has for ages. I will never cross to where comfort does not lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment