Friday, July 30, 2010

Tangled Mess

O, what a tangled mess my feet have found. One step. Two steps. Three steps and it has begun.

For amidst the mire laced with string, their tread has slumped. My feet, stifled and silenced, are overcome by rampant sinews whose compelling grip cannot be reconciled with. They are unable to cry out for justice to intervene, sinking further into the cruel sludge.

Emitting a cloud of perfidy, the tangled mess confounds my trusting eyes. Lecherous and malicious, it has blinded my already empty sight. Giving way, my body slouches forward. Hands seeking effrontery thrust forward, only to find the enervating entanglement.

The tangled mess envelopes the parts of me too foolish to realize their imminent end. My knees buckle, releasing to viscous strings that smell their victory, surrounding what parts of flesh and clothing that remain unspoiled.

O, what a tangled mess my feet have found. One step. Two steps. Three steps and it has begun.

started this one a few weeks ago, needed something to do so came back and finished it tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment