Friday, October 22, 2010

Snake



this dream occurred the night of October 18th, 2010. 

I was standing on a houseboat with a group of friends. We were fishermen. I went on my own in a smaller boat to catch some fish. I pulled up the bulging net from the right side of the boat. The net, nearly tearing because of the weight, was filled with numerous plump red fish. I made my way back to the shore towards the houseboat. As I trolled along the shoreline, I saw many faces from the past, pleasantly interacting and engaging in conversation in the green grass; they did not sense my presence. When I arrived at the houseboat and looked in the net again, there was but one plump fish left. Had the others disappeared? Had they really been there? I took the fish into my hand and looked at it. Before my eyes the fish transformed into a vengeful snake. I tried to control it, to handle it with my own hands, but could not. It struck out, sinking its fangs into my hand. I gripped the wounded hand with the other, not understanding how such an event had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment